Nowadays, the use of hydroponic fertilizer is increasing in popularity. This is especially true to those countries who have little space to plant, leading to starvation. Also, people who are not blessed with green thumbs can take advantage of hydroponic systems.
Choosing a hydroponics fertilizer can be very challenging. However, that doesn’t mean that it’s impossible. Taking into consideration essential factors can help you find the right fertilizer for your plant. In this article, you will be guided on how to find hydroponics fertilizer that best suits your plants. Take a look at them below.
– Carefully identify the specific needs of your plants.
– Know the right formulations.
– Determine if you need dry or liquid fertilizer.
How are you going to do all of these things? If you are interested, then continue reading this article.
Before buying hydroponics fertilizer, you must first understand that different plants require different minerals on different stages. So, how are you going to make sure that you get the right one? Well, you must first identify the needs of your plants.
1. Carefully identify the specific needs of your plants. Plants require several nutrients in order to grow faster and healthier. These can help them bloom more and have healthier roots. Also, this helps plants to grow more leaves. That is why, it is very important for you to familiarize different nutrients when picking a fertilizer. The very common nutrients they need are hydrogen, carbon, and oxygen. Such will help the plants to grow efficiently. Also, your plants need macro-nutrients that can be available in fertilizers.
Fertilizers have main components such as the potassium, phosphorus, and nitrogen. Secondary nutrients included in fertilizers are magnesium, sulfur, and calcium. Micro nutrients like boron, iron, chlorine, copper, manganese are also available.
All in all, knowing the needs of your plants will help you determine the right fertilizer to buy and use.
2. Know the right formulations. It is very important for you to understand the importance of getting enough amount of nutrients. Take note, no soil can give all of these nutrients. It can be quite difficult to determine the best formulation for you plant. Fortunately, hydroponics helps you to stop guessing on which nutrients are needed. When finding the right formulation, make sure to choose one that does not have sediments which can clog your water reservoir. Also, choose one that is specially formulated for hydroponics.
3. Determine if you need dry or liquid fertilizer. Hydroponic fertilizers come in two types. One is in liquid form and the other is dry granules. If you want convenience, you better choose liquid fertilizers. You get everything you need in just one package. Just mix it with water and put it in your plants for them to get the nutrients. This is perfect for enthusiasts and hobbyists. On the other hand, powdered fertilizers allow you to save money. Also, it requires less space for storage. However, you must do the mixing first which can become complicated. This is best for zip farms and larger systems.